SCHOOL NEWS in Brief…..
8th September 2016
Don’t forget our Parents Association welcome coffee morning tomorrow at 8.30 here in the school – we look forward to seeing you all, especially parents new to the school.
From the Principal’s desk:
- Extra curricular activities begin on Monday 12th September. Classes are now full, with the exception of French, art, swimming and a small number of places in Irish dancing. Check for any remaining places with the office in the morning. Class teachers will be in touch directly with bank details for electronic payments.
- Outstanding school tours and classroom requisites payments should be made immediately. Please go to the school website (www.rmds.ie) and click on the contact cloud. Scroll down and you will see three PAY buttons. Click on the classroom requisites and school tours button and follow the instructions to register and log in. If you are having difficulty, please call to the school office. Thanks to those of you who have paid already.
- Please ensure all absences are accounted for and children are in school at 8.30am. Children will be marked late if they are in after 8.40am.
- Please check for lost property at the gate in the morning. All items left at the weekend will be donated to charity.
- A reminder that we are a nut free school. No peanut butter, nutella or actual nuts in the lunchboxes please.
- Please ensure all bikes are locked – even those inside the school gate. Bikes can also be left safely locked to the racks outside the back gate.
- Choir will begin again on Friday 30th September at 8.10am – more details nearer the time.
- Junior infants are in school until 1.10pm each day from Monday 12th September.
- Ranelagh Gaels GAA is back 10th September in Bective at 11.30am
The academy is open for 4-7 year olds and we have teams at U8, U9 and U11 boys and girls. We have over 250 children playing each week and new and returning players are welcome. If you have any queries please email: email@example.com
- CLASS MEETINGS will begin next week as follows:
Tuesday 13th Rang 6
Wednesday 14th Rang 4
Thursday 15th Rang 5
Friday 16th Rang 1
All meetings will take place at 8.45 a.m. (sharp) in the seomra spraoi and will be finished by 9.30am. There will be an opportunity for individual questions with the teachers after the meetings. Individual Education planning (IEP) meetings for parents of children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) will take place before the end of October. Individual parent / teacher meetings will take place during the last two weeks of November.
RMDS School Age Childcare
Information from Caroline Percival on 085-1156506 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to keep an eye on the school website, www.rmds.ie